Friday, August 12, 2011

'Dangle The Pussy'


Last night I worked a charity event, held at a night club for an organization called Women Speaking Out. Our spa gave out free massages/mani/pedis, while a bachelor auction was going off (ironic because the event was to fight domestic violence, lol). The first bachelor to go up was a firefighter, and was ogled by every woman in there, but was ultimately taken home by a lady with glasses for $150. It was chaotic in there. My co-worker and I went outside to grab a smoke, plopping next to Glasses Lady. 'Congratulations' I told her. She was so happy, I could feel the euphoria whisping out of her voice onto my face. 'I don't know why I did that! My co-workers kept telling me to sit down but I couldn't help myself! He's so cyuuuuute!' she snorted. She was really funny. She said how excited she was for the date (all auctioned men come with a movie, dinner cruise, etc) and how she hasn't been on one in years. I was genuinely excited for her. I then drunkenly told her to 'dangle the pussy'. My co-worker's eyeballs widened to the point of popping. 'What's that mean?' she asked me. 'When the timing is right, dangle the pussy! It's regulation of gender!'. 'Don't tell her that!' said my co-worker. 'I'm just letting her in on a fact of life' I said. 'Heh heh heh (nervous laughter)...Really, should I do that?'. 'Yes' I said, 'When you know what you want and he knows he wants it, dangle dangle dangle and all your dreams will come true'. She abided and we went in to get dranks.

Now in all retrospect, I mean well when I tell women to 'DTP'. It is, as a fact, a crucial part of our livelihood. Men want it, we got it, it's power in our hands. And I don't mean to literally take off your panties, hover over a guy and DANGLE. I mean to know your value, what you hold, and ultimately, the authority you own to someone of the pursuing. When someone pursues you, they're already hooked from the attraction. Maybe it's the way your hair falls, the way you sip your beer, the tone of your voice when you say 'I know my worth'. Whatever it is, if it's a mutual attraction, both parties are doing the scoping (DTP could also mean dangle the penis, right). Now with DTP comes work. Show them what you got. Bat those lashes. Drop some swagger! I don't think I'd converse with 75% as many guys as I did, had I not DTP and shown some confidence and myself, some self-respect.

DTP is simple and e-z. Be confident. My best friend asks me a few days ago 'Do you know what my man  says is the sexiest thing in a woman is?'. 'Confidence' we both say at the same time. Touche. I figure if I were to pick up a book and it had no explanation, basic font, and a dull picture, I'd regret that arm crunch and go for something that captivated my attention more. Even with physical determination, like surfing. We strive for that wave. We paddle for that wave. We put all this energy into something rewarding yet until the last drop in, there's a line of confidence and fear. Are you gonna make it? Or are you gonna eat water? Think about it this way: When you go for something your gut knows will happen, your mind/body will work it out for you without you even realizing it (others will). When you over-think your decisions, things get mushy and tend to fall apart. Who cares about what other people think? They got their own shiz to take care of. Time to let things go and ride/strut your stuff. When you know you got it in the bag, these goals seem a whole lot easier. And you caught a nice wave/boy.

There's always a point of fear and disappointment. At the fundraiser, I asked one of the bachelors if he wanted to dance. He said yes. He did not. He ended up chatting with skinny mcskinson on the left. Sad story but happy ending because I danced with my girls all night long. I prepare myself for failure in events like these, yet put out the steez I know I embody and reflect. 

There's always something that will captivate the eyes at initial attraction even before meeting. DTP and dangle it well. Your steez will come in a lot more handy then you expect. I was washing the car today and Mr.neighbor drives by, tells me I missed a spot, and winks 'Have a nice day'. Now that wasn't even my DTP, that was pure steez.

2 comments:

  1. You know what...I've never heard that term before...DTP. Now I can't stop thinking about it. I read this post a couple days ago and I had to kind mellow in my thoughts about it. What if you stop DTP-ing? I think I have. Hummm....is that even possible? If not, maybe I never had it.

    Good post, girl. this one made me think real hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know...I just re-read this and it sounds more cocky than it should LOL. I know the term comes off strong, but it truly has nothing to do with the vagina. It's literally opposite, but I love the term and when my friends say it to me, it's like a guy giving his guy a pat on the back. Dangling the pussy could be aka Steez Power. It's all in the head, body (and genitals) come later. I like being up-front though, gives less to the awkwardness, more to the fun. I do believe that with DTP comes effort, so the more you put in, the more you receive (golden rule of dating). If you lost it, you never had it. If you forgot it, it's still in you. Think Mcfly, think!

    ReplyDelete